Trust In Us To Help You
Build A Better Future.

What is a Temporary Work Visa?

Latest News

A temporary work visa is suitable for foreign-based folks who want to enter the United States for employment. They last for a fixed period compared to permanent work visas. Temporary visas typically last up to three years and cover fixed-term employment, task-based contracts, or seasonal and casual work.

There are several steps you must take to secure employment authorization. We help you apply for immigration status, prepare a form I-765 and submit the application for processing. It can take anywhere from two to seven months to receive approval.

What is a Permanent Work Visa?

With the right blend of skills, education, and work experience—or a combination of these things—immigrants can live and work in the United States indefinitely with a permanent work visa. There are five employment-based categories people fall under:

  • EB-1 Visa: Professors, researchers, and managers or executives
  • EB-2 Visa: Individuals with advanced degrees, exceptional ability, or National Interest Waiver (NIW)
  • EB-3 Visa: Skilled or unskilled professionals
  • EB-4 Visa: Religious workers or special immigrant juveniles
  • EB-5 Visa: Individuals that can attract foreign capital to the U.S., such as investors

What is a Student Visa?

A student visa is required to study in the United States. Student visas allow individuals to access practical training not available in their home country to complete their degree. There are a few types of student visas:

  • F-1 Student Visa or “Academic Student” visa is meant for people that wish to study at an academic institution such as a college, university, or seminary
  • M-Student Visa or “Vocational Student” is designed for individuals in vocational or non-academic programming
  • J-I Exchange Visitor Visa or the J-1 Visa is used by international visitors that enter the United States temporarily for educational or cultural exchange purposes

Wait times for a student visa vary depending on the country. It could take days, weeks, or months. Our immigration attorney will ensure your application is correct to help with processing.

How Do I Choose Between Temporary or Permanent?

There are slight differences between temporary and permanent visas. A temporary visa is an option for individuals who want to enter the United States for a short time for employment and educational purposes or travel. Temporary visas are just that—temporary—and must be renewed, though there is no guarantee. The length of stay can be anywhere from six months to one year.

There are fewer restrictions related to permanent visas, and foreign individuals can work and live permanently in the United States without the risk of expiration. We help individuals seeking temporary, student, or permanent visas complete the necessary steps to obtain a visa and achieve their goals. Call us to discuss the best visa option for your needs:408-402-4967.

Related Articles

Can I Sponsor My Child if they are 21?

Read More

What are the Four Types of Immigration?

Read More

The Difference Between Family-Based Immigration and Employment-Based Immigration

Read More