CR-1 and IR-1 Visa Attorney in San Jose Reuniting Married Couples with a CR-1 or IR-1 Marriage Visa
Sadri Law, PC, and our immigration attorney have helped thousands of immigrant couples and families achieve their goals through visa programs, including CR-1 and IR-1 marriage visas.
Consider using our team on your journey to the United States as we help couples determine their eligibility and facilitate the time-consuming and complex petition process. We help U.S. citizens, and foreign spouses obtain visas whether they live in the United States or reside in another country.
Take the guesswork out of the marriage visa process and utilize our legal services to help you and your spouse succeed.
What is a CR-1 and IR-1 Visa?
CR-1 and IR-1 visas are similar but different in one small way. A CR-1 visa is appropriate for conditional residents that have been married for less than two years. An IR-1 visa is suitable for married couples that have been married for more than two years. A foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen must first qualify for a CR-1 or IR-1. The requirements include the following:
- The petitioning spouse must be a U.S. citizen
- A U.S. citizen must be legally married to their foreign spouse under the laws of the country where the marriage occurred
- The marriage must have happened in good faith
- The foreign spouse must be eligible to live and work in the United States
For assistance with a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, the immigration attorney of Sadri Law can help you, and your spouse legally starts your lives together in the United States.
What is the Filing Process for Either Visa?
Once eligibility for the foreign spouse is determined, our attorney can manage the filing process on your behalf. The filing process for a CR-1 or IR-1 visa includes the following steps:
- Filling out and filing the appropriate forms to initiate a petition for your foreign spouse. This is the first step in getting the government to recognize your marriage as legal.
- Submitting evidence of your relationship to prove your marriage is authentic. Our attorney will advise you on the appropriate information to share.
- Once a petition is approved, a foreign spouse must apply for a non-immigrant visa
- A visa interview will be scheduled, and an officer will ask questions to ensure the marriage is legal. The immigration attorney at Sadri Law, PC, will help you prepare and accompany you to ensure a smooth experience.
Even with final approval, there might be some complications at the port of entry as an officer can approve or deny your spouse’s access into the United States. Sadri Law is your legal resource for any issues.
What is a Fiancé Visa?
A fiancé visa is an option for engaged couples—a U.S. citizen (or sponsor) and a foreign citizen—to marry in the United States legally. It is like a temporary visa for marriage as it’s only valid for 90 days and then expires.
Most couples have no trouble getting approved for a fiancé visa as long as they are not currently married and meet income requirements of at least $22,887 for a household of two people. The sponsor’s marital duty to the foreign spouse is to provide financial support while they live together in the United States.
How Can an Immigration Lawyer Help My Spouse and Me?
Our immigration attorney works with new and seasoned married couples looking to live, work, and raise a family in the United States. We help couples pursue a CR-1 or IR-1 visa to make this happen. When you partner with us, we:
- Guide you through the petition process
- Provide guidance and experienced legal counsel regarding the petition and other related forms
- Manage your case on your behalf
- Review your petition and ensure its accuracy
- Help you prepare for the interview process
- Address or fix any complications that arise
Don’t let anything stop you from reuniting with your spouse and living your dreams in the United States. Speak with our immigration attorney to get started: 408-402-4967.